Marauders Prophecy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Prophecy

A Harry Potter Marauders era RP

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Potions Class making Amortentia

Go down 
+6
blood_traitor
Sweet Sarcasm
gabbagail
Prongs
Fire Vixen
drkangelcat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blood_traitor

blood_traitor

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 10:14 pm

"Isn't it though?" He took the stirring...thingy from Remus and stirred the potion absently, looking off toward James and Lily. "Yeah, I know but...woah!" He caught the stool with his hand, straightening his legs out immediately as Remus tipped it from underhim. "Trying to kill me now, Moons?" He grinned now, looking across at his wolfy friend. "I'm not pouting!" He replied in a very childish tone, sticking out his lower lip. "This is pouting." He said in his very best kiddish voice. "I always get a passing grade, Moons because I have you." He set the stick aside and waited for more instructions, trying his best to keep his mind off of James and Lily.
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 11:08 pm

“Don’t worry ‘bout it Peter,” Andromeda said smiling at him. She quickly hid her smile, looking down. Cissy was in the class and smiling at him was just asking for trouble. She finished up extracting the juice from the pods and looked up at Peter again. “So why were you late anyways?” She asked.

“Well there is not much left to do, just add three drops of galiflower serum and then add the glendy needles.” Meda spoke. She had already finished up with everything else for the potion. “Umm, if you could add the drops while I stir that would be helpful. Then all I would need is to stir a bit more then you can add the glendy needles.” She began stirring the potion clockwise.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:03 pm

Turning to Alice. "So...maybe we should start this. I don't need another failing grade again." Karen started putting indgredients in the cauldron. Smells like....Roses and Lavender." Is is suppose to have a smell?" Karen asked. "What do you smell?"

Karen saw Pettigrew come in the class 30 minutes late. "Hey Peter!" Karen called. She was always friendly with the marauders. "How are you?" She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 11:22 pm

As James spoke and then darted his eyes towards Sirius and Remus again she looked at him for a moment and then it hit her, it all made perfect sense. The way that the two of them had interacted with each other lately was making her a but curious and now, what James had just said confirmed it.

Her eyes drifted over to Remus and Sirius and she looked at them for a few moments, a smile on her lips and then she turned back towards James. "You know, I had an idea that something was different with Lupin and Black lately." She looked back to the two of them again. "You know, they do look happy with each other, I think it's cute." She smiled over at James. Lily was not like a lot of other people who frowned on such situations, as long as people were happy, that was all that mattered to her.

She watched James closely as she stirred the potion perfectly and she added the ingredients. she then looked to the text book once more. Alright, a few more steps and we are done. It says we have to let it sit now and reduce the flame a bit, then let it slowly come to a boil stirring once it starts boiling so we will need to keep an eye on it, then we need to add four dragon scales all at the same time but not stirring until they sink out of view."

She looked at him closely, noticing how good looking he really was. She was beginning to allow herself to feel things for him she had hidden for so long. "James...." She said quietly. "I really do believe there is someone out there for everyone. We just need to be lucky enough to find them."
Back to top Go down
http://prophecy.heavenforum.com
Sinister Beauty

Sinister Beauty

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 12:43 pm

"I would rather look at that 'blood traitor' than your ugly face anyway," Narcissa looked up at Emmeline. "We can do this one of two ways Emmeline. You either come with me, get this assignment done and then neither of us will have to speak to each other again, or, you keep insulting me and you will find yourself in the hospital wing before you have a chance to utter another word, the choice is yours." She sneered at the girl. The last thing she wanted to do was put Narcissa in a bad mood. She had obviously never seen her at her finest, either that or she was completely stupid.

Narcissa continued working on the potion, glancing at the text book every so often to make sure the steps were being done properly. Potions was her best subject and she took pride in her work. "Look at the list of ingredients on page 374 and go to the cupboard and retrieve them, you think you can handle that?" She smirked at the girl and then bent down low to adjust the flame underneath the cauldron.
Back to top Go down
Kit Kat

Kit Kat

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 4:14 pm

[color=violet] "We can do this one of two ways Emmeline. You either come with me, get this assignment done and then neither of us will have to speak to each other again, or, you keep insulting me and you will find yourself in the hospital wing before you have a chance to utter another word, the choice is yours." Emmeline heard Narcissa say.

Her face grew hot, but she kept her cool. "As good as never talking to you again sounds..." Emmeline uttered, stepping closer to this horrible girl. "I'm not scared of you. You act so tough but I could easily shut your big ugly mouth up in a heart beat." She clenched her wand in her hand, which was in her pocket. "Now, lets sit down and shut up and get this thing over with before class ends and we have to work together even longer."

"Is there a problem, Ms Vance... Ms. Black?" Slughorn said.

"No Professor," said Emmeline with a fake smile. She sat down at the table next to this horrible girl.

"Look at the list of ingredients on page 374 and go to the cupboard and retrieve them, you think you can handle that?" Narcissa said.

Emmeline gave her a revolting stare and summoned the ingredients using the summoning charm.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 10:41 pm

James nodded with a small smile on his lips, glancing back at the two again momentarily. "I don't think there's anything official yet, but I spent a lot of time with Sirius this summer, you can imagine. This has been going on since fourth year, I just don't think they noticed it until now." They did make a fine match, really and who better for Remus than someone who already knows about the lycanthorpy and who won't judge him for it?

He stopped stirring and reduced the flame as Lily instructed and sat back on his stool, watching the potion closely. "Remus deserves someone who won't judge him and Sirius should have someone with a big heart, I don't know anyone with a bigger one than Rem." He said with a smile, considering the potion thoughtfully.

"Yeah, I think so too." He said, giving a glance over at her over his glasses. "Just hard to know how to get them sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 12:16 am

"So then they have had an attraction for a while then? I thhink it's great, they certainly get along well enough." Lily glanced back towards Remus and Sirius again and watched them for a few moments before shifting her emerald gaze back towards James. She watched him for a bit as he reduced the flame under the cauldron, noticing for the first time how well his build was. Must have been quidditch, she thought to herself and then shook her head of these thoughts. All the talking about Remus and Sirius was beginning to make her wonder if she was ever going to find someone to make her happy. As she thought this her gaze kept going back towards James.

"I really wish them all the best and I hope that they can be happy." She sighed and then spoke again. "I hope that someday, we can all find someone like that, someone who can make us that happy." A smile spread across her lips as she spoke the words. Whoever ended up with her certainly would have their work cut out for them, she was quite pronounced in her ways and it was quite difficult to get her to bend.

"People judge Remus? I never noticed that." She walked over to the table and took a seat next to James. "Why would they judge him?"
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 12:27 am

"Yeah, they're a good match. It'll just be hard for them ever to really make much of it, you know?" He sighed, thinking on that thought specifically. It would be hard for more reasons than Lily knew, things far beyoind society and blood line. He noticed Lily looking at him and he gave a small smile, runing a hand through his hair.

"We will someday. I think I know someone who could do just that." He never took his eyes off her as he said this, leaning on his elbows on the table. "Rem and Siri'll fair well, they can make it happen if anyone in this world can."

"Did you ever notice how people act like he's sick? Just because he's gone once a month he...." James forze as those words fell from his mouth and he looked almost terrified. "Er...." Bloody hell he just made the biggest mistake ever.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 1:06 am

"I agree, they are a good match, and who cares what other people think about it." She smiled at him and again looked over towards Remus and Sirius. Her eyes were drawn back to James as he began speaking again.

"We will someday. I think I know someone who could do just that." He never took his eyes of of her as he said this. She raised her brow slightly at him. She had a chill run throughout her body at the look he gave her. "I think I know someone as well." She whispered. The words fell out of her mouth before she had a chance to stop them and she had to momentarily take her gaze off of him before she said too much. Luckily he spoke again and she had a diversion.

She looked at him now and listened carefully to his words, repeating them over in her head, calculating what he had just said. She leaned over close to him, whispering as silently as she could. "James....once a month? Yes I have noticed, but now that you just put it that way...." She didn't want to ask this, especially if she was wrong, but Lily was a smart witch and figured out things pretty easily. "Is Remus, a, a werewolf?"
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 1:14 am

He smiled when she mentioned that she thought she knew someone too. "Things work out in odd ways sometimes, don't you think? It's like, well, not to be cliche, magic." He chuckled even as he said that. Boy, that sounded really stupid, even for him. But he had meant it, he thought he knew someone who could fill him up with as much pride and happiness as anyone ever could and she was sitting right infront of him.

He bit his lip and ruffled his hair even more, looking at her. He leaned in closer, very near to her now. "No one knows but the Marauders and Dumbledore...and maybe Snivellus, but that's not the point. If this gets out it will ruin him. I can't see Rem lose everything else that he has over something like this. Please, please! Don't say anything." He was begging now and without realizing it he had taken both of her hands in his in his pleading.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:26 am

"I agree, things do work out in odd ways, and yes, it is definitely like magic." She smiled warmly at him. She was beginning to feel some kind of a connection towards him, something that she had never felt before. Was it possible that maybe, just maybe the love that she wanted to experience was right there? Right in front of her and she was just too blind to see it?

She let her eyes linger into his again, and each time she did this since this class began, a little longer than the time before. She was really beginning to see him, see James Potter in a completely different way, and this was definitely something that she never expected.

As he brought his hand up to his hair and bit his lip, she knew that the question that she had delicately whispered to him moments before was true before he even confirmed it. He leaned in close to her, closer than he had ever before and she could feel her breath catch in her lungs a bit.

"James..." She whispered. "I wont tell anyone, you can trust me." She had to mentally process what he was telling her to really get it through to her head. Lupin was a werewolf...Lupin was a werewolf....Lupin was a WEREWOLF. "Is he alright though, I mean physically?" She felt him take her hands into his and she didn't pull back like she normally would have done and not before an abrupt comment. She just sat there looking up at him and then wrapped her hands tightly around his, her heart beating faster at not only this new information about Remus, but at the physical contact that her and James were now sharing.

She leaned in even closer to James now, so close that their faces were almost touching one another. "Is he dangerous during the transformation? I mean, he must be right? And you, and Black? You help him? Go with him? That's what you were talking about in the Great Hall, wasn't it?" She made sure to keep her voice as low as possible so only he could hear her. If this was indeed the case, then she had him and Black pinned wrong from the beginning. Anyone willing to help someone out, someone with a condition that Remus had, was not only extremely brave, but quite noble as well.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 7:10 pm

That was always possible, but wether Lily was going to drop her pride and her prejudices and see it was another issue entirely. His hazel eyes lingered on her a moment before they flitted back to the bubbling cauldron next to them, an intriguing mother of pearl sheen resting at the top.

He sighed when Lily started asking questions about Remus. How could he have let this slip? Remus had trusted him with his deepest, darkest secret and he had just told Lily. Though he did figure that, if things went how he wanted them to he would have been having this conersation someday anyway. "Remus is fine, really. Just a few scars here and there." He bit his cheek, looking across the dungeon at his wolfy friend.

"He's not too dangerous, but dangerous enough." He replied in a very low voice. "Sirius, Peter, and I go with him on every full moon. It was a lot harder before fifth year, I'll tell you." There he went again! He was going to have to explain that comment...might as well get it out of the way now. "Sirius, Peter, and I are unregistered Animagi, Lily." He said very low now, very close to her. "Please, not a word. Don't let on to Rem that you know just yet...." it was either noble and brave, or very stupid...maybe a mix of all that, but the point was he put his life on the line every twentyeight days all for his mate.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 7:44 pm

"I am glad to hear he's alright, it must be a horrible thing to have to go through." Her hands still held his and when he spoke of himself as well as Peter and Sirius being unregistered animagus' her grip tightened on them a bit. "What?" She whispered, still shocked by this revalation he had just made to her. "Before 5th year? So you have had this ability since then? Does Dumbledore know?" She bit down on her lip. The four of them had certainly hidden this well. She herself had always been interested in becoming an animagus, but would never consider doing it illegally, then again, given Remus' situation, she could see why the other Marauders had done it.

"I won't breathe a word of any of this, don't worry." She took a deep breath and looked up into James' hazel eyes. "You certainly are shocking me a lot today, you have any other secrets you want to get out?" She smiled at him, this day was certainly getting more and more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Wormtail

Wormtail

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 12:01 am

He scrunched up his nose a bit as the smell of cheese, pumpkin, and...something else he couldn't quite place flowed to his nostrils. "Er, sure." He took up the drops with a shaky hand, leaning over to look into the cauldron. "Almost done, isn't it?" Rat brain still twitching. "Glendy needles too? A-alright." He did as he was told, looking exremely nervous all the while. He had never been any good at potions...or many subjects at all for that matter. He really didn't want to screw this up and get Andromeda a bad grade too.

"So y-you're Sirius' cousin, right?" He asked nervously, trying to avoid Narcissa's eye from across the dungeon. "Are you mad at him too?" He clapped a hand over his mouth as if he had uttered something horrible. He hadn't meant to ask that, it was rather rude actually to be asking her that.
Back to top Go down
Loony Lupin

Loony Lupin

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 12:35 am

"Oh tosh." He added the glendy needles now, handing the stirring stick over to Sirius. "Here, stirr while I add a few more things. You know, if you'd apply yourself, you might be able to get a passing grade on your own." He jested, adding the drops. "You're such a nutter sometimes, you know?" He felt eyes upon him and he looked around, seeing James and Lily looking their way. How odd, what were they...talking about. Remus was too clever sometimes for his own good. He had a feeling that they were talking about he and Sirius. "We're being watched, Pads." He whispered, taking the stick after he was done and setting it aside.

It wasn't that he minded much, he was just...cautious. He didn't want them to be talking about, well, him. That would be much too much for him to deal with, if Lily knew that is. That might cause quite the pickle. "What do you think they're talking about over there?" He nodded across the dungeon at Lily and James, quirking a brow.
Back to top Go down
Sinister Beauty

Sinister Beauty

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Narcissa glared at Emmeline as she spoke to her. "I'm not scared of you. You act so tough but I could easily shut your big ugly mouth up in a heart beat." She clenched her wand in her hand, which was in her pocket. "Now, lets sit down and shut up and get this thing over with before class ends and we have to work together even longer." She curled her top lip up, merlin was Emmeline lucky there was a Professor present in the room, otherwise Narcissa would have shown her a few dark spells she was quite sure Emmeline wouldn't be too happy to receive.

"Alright Vance, let's have a little chat before we begin." Her blue eyes locked intently onto Emmeline's gaze. "You should fear me, or anyone of my particular class let's say, say what you will I really don't care. Words are just what they are, words, actions however, speak to me."

Narcissa looked up at Professor Slughorn when he asked them if there was a problem. "Not quite yet Professor." Narcissa then turned back towards Emmeline. "With that attitude of yours you would have done quite well in Slytherin. You don't often see a Gryffindor with such a sharp tongue. Just be careful who you use it with and where you use it." Narcissa leaned in close to the Gryffindor. "Without witness’s around, you would have just gotten to experience my more advanced methods of magic. Consider yourself lucky."

She then regained her straight posture and began adding the next ingredients, stirring in a counter clockwise motion. "So, enough with the banter, let's just get this done and over with. They want us to document what we smell at this stage of the potions process. What is it that you smell?"
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 10:45 pm

The smell of chocolate filled her nostrils. The potion was already beginning to work, but of course it wouldn’t completely work intill it was completely done. Andromeda was curious as to what the finished product would smell like to her. She didn’t really know what she desired most. She never even really thought about it.

She stirred as Peter added the ingredients she had asked him to add. When she finished stirring, she could smell a mixture of dirt and some sweet scent she couldn’t name, but it did smell good. She felt she would swoon over the wonderful scent. She looked up at Peter and smiled, “Good job. Now all we need it to put it in a few small vials and turn them in.”

She grabbed a vial and began slowly pouring some of the potion in it. After she filled it she closed it up and set it down. As she began to grab another vial, she heard Peter began to speak again and she turned her attention to him. She nodded when she asked if she was Sirius’s cousin. Meda looked down at the vial after he asked the second question. She began filling the other vial and answered in a hushed voice. “No I do not hate him, unlike the rest of the family who would hex him in a heartbeat. Actually, he is probley my favorite relative, but of course I would never tell my sisters that. They would kill me if they ever saw me talking to him.”
Back to top Go down
Kit Kat

Kit Kat

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 4:52 pm

"With that attitude of yours you would have done quite well in Slytherin. You don't often see a Gryffindor with such a sharp tongue. Just be careful who you use it with and where you use it." Narcissa leaned in close to the Emmeline. "Without witnesses around, you would have just gotten to experience my more advanced methods of magic. Consider yourself lucky."

“I would only consider myself lucky if you would shut up and we could manage to get a good grade on this potion,” Emmeline said. “oh, and I’m lucky that I’m not a Slytherin so I don’t have see talk to you everyday… Wow! Aren’t I blessed?”

"So, enough with the banter, let's just get this done and over with. They want us to document what we smell at this stage of the potions process. What is it that you smell?" Narcissa said.

“Besides your strong perfume, I smell chocolate and freshly cut grass.” Emmeline replied. She didn’t fear Narcissa, not one bit. Her only defense was dark magic… something Emmeline refused to use. She had great confidence in her powers.

“What do you smell?” she asked the Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions Class making Amortentia   Potions Class making Amortentia - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potions Class making Amortentia
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marauders Prophecy :: Hogwarts Sub-Levels :: Potion Dungeon-
Jump to: