Marauders Prophecy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Prophecy

A Harry Potter Marauders era RP

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-24

(Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Empty
PostSubject: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 3:58 pm

Date: September 1975
Setting: The Hogwarts Express
Characters: James Potter and Lily Evans

Lily Evans walked up to the barrier between platforms nine and ten at King’s Cross station. She carefully looked around the station, her emerald eyes scanning her surroundings, looking for anyone who had their attention focused in her direction. She needed to be careful that no muggles saw what she was about to do. After seeing that no one was at the moment looking in her direction, she quickly walked through the wall, pushing her carriage with her belongings in front of her.

She smiled at the site that was now before her. The Hogwarts Express, sitting neatly on it’s tracks, smoke billowing out from the stack at the top. She saw several parents and students standing around the train, and several more boarding. She sighed a bit to herself. Her parents, being muggles would never get to see this platform, the express or get to experience the wonder of literally being able to walk through the wall that led to the platform.

She walked towards the train, she figured she mine as well board it now. She was looking quite forward to seeing the Head Girl/Head Boy carriage. She almost fell off of the chair she was sitting at when she got the news. She received her regular owl, carrying post for her like it did every other year leading up to school. It always contained a book list so she would know what books would have to be purchased for her classes that were coming up at the start of the school year. Back in the summer leading up to her fifth year at Hogwarts, she received news that she had been chosen as a prefect, that news shocked her as well, though it was nothing like the shock of being the actual head girl of Hogwarts. She showed the letter and the badge to her parents when she received them, they were quite happy and proud of her. Her sister on the other hand, ever since she found out that Lily was a witch just snubbed her and called her a freak. She was nothing short of mean when Lily showed her the head girl’s badge. She congratulated her on becoming head girl of a school full of freaks.

Shaking this thought out of her head, Lily slowly climbed the steps leading up to the train. A smile now on her face. This was her last year here and she was going to attempt to make it her best yet. Study hard, spend time with her friends and earn top marks. She made her way into the train, smiling at a few students she knew and walked into a compartment near the front, one reserved for the head boy and head girl of Hogwarts. As she entered the compartment she stopped suddenly. There say James Potter, a sly smirk on his face. At first Lily thought he must just be in the compartment as some kind of joke, being where he didn’t belong. This would be something that James would do. He was always up to some kind of mischief. As Lily looked closer however she noticed the head boys badge pinned neatly to his chest. She looked down at her own and then back to him. “You? Head boy? You have got to be kidding me.” Her words came out sounding a little harsher than she had intended to, but seeing this site was quite shocking to say the least.
Back to top Go down
http://prophecy.heavenforum.com
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 6:27 pm

For once, James had been on time for the train, but only because he mum had prodded him onto the train, insisting that the new Head Boy not be late. ("Come on Jamesie! You need to set a good example! Let me fix your hair!"....and so on until he finally gave in and gont onto the train.) He had, of course, wanted to cause a bit of mischief with Sirius before having to go sit in the Head's compartment and hear what he was sure would be some long speech about rules, parotls, and blah blah blah. He cared, but not really enough to not let his mind wander a bit. At the moment he was staring out the compartment window, waiting for the train to pull out of King's Cross Station and drawing idly in the air with his wand.

“You? Head boy? You have got to be kidding me.”

He knew it! He turned his head, putting on a sly grin and leaned back a bit in his seat, ruffling his hair. "Evans! I should have known you wouldn't be able to stay away from me this year." He looked at her over his glasses, tapping the badge pinned to his chest. "Unless I'm wrong my name is James Potter." He said, looking down at it sarcastically. "Yep. Definetly me." He nodded approvingly, pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, and nodded across the compartment at the other seat. "Take a seat Evans! Or, if you'd like I can scoot over a bit and you can join me over here." My, how he loved teasing her like this. It usually ended in she throwing a few harsh words at him, maybe a threat to hex, and then she'd storm off and vent for awhile...then he had to do it all over again! He folded his arms behind his head and lounged back in his seat a bit, quirking a brow at her.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

PostSubject: Re: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 8:23 pm

Lily stood there waiting for James to answer her question. She watched as he ran his hand through his hair like he always did. "Evans! I should have known you wouldn't be able to stay away from me this year." Her eyes narrowed on him and she shot him a look of disgust. "Honestly Potter you never cease to infuriate me. You would think by now you would have given up this crazy fantasy of yours that I want to be around you. Honestly I think you would have gotten the hint by now." A smirk spread across her red lips. It looked like this year was going to start out like all the others, with James being his arrogant self right off the bat.

"Unless I'm wrong my name is James Potter." He said, looking down at it sarcastically. "Yep. Definitely me." She rolled her eyes at him, the smirk still on her lips. "Yes, apparently it is you, though I can't believe you of all people got that badge. No offense really, but honestly, what was Dumbledore thinking." Lily looked around the compartment like she expected to see Dumbledore there to ask him that very question. Why James? She just couldn't get that thought out of her head.

She watched as he gestured her over to sit next to him and she let out a huff. "No thank you, I think I will sit over here.....alone." She then walked to the seat opposite him placing her bag on the floor. She sat down and looked at him, still completely baffled that he was in there. It was certainly going to be a long train ride, this she was certain of. "Well, since we are both here and stuck with each other for the duration, what do you want to talk about?"
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

PostSubject: Re: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 2:54 pm

"What was Dumbledore thinking?" Hm. He put on a sort of thoughtful look, stroking his chin. "That I'm a brilliant role model and everyone adroes me?" He grinned more. That was going to earn him another insult he imagined. "I think he was spot on myself. Who better than me?"

Oh this was too good. He tilted his head to the side just slightly as she huffed and sat down across from him in her usual haughty way. Time to have some fun. "Oh, come on Evans! I offer you a seat like a gentlemen and you refuse it." He stood up, giving a stretch before he sidled over next to her with a grin. "If you're not going to come to me, I'll just have to come to you." He rested his arm along the back of the seat (just behind her shoulders of course) with a grin. "Where to begin. Well, how was your summer? Sister as terrible as usual?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

PostSubject: Re: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 3:28 pm

She could not believe what he had just said. "Dumbledore was right on? Picking you? I think not Potter. Why he would pick someone who has made a career out of causing more problems at the school is beyond me. Not that I want to question Dumbledore's judgment, but in all reality there are so many others who should have gotten the position over you." She glared at him. It wasn't his fault he was picked for the title but now she was the one who had to deal with him. In her years as prefect she had had to tell him and serious on numerous occasions to stop whatever they were doing and to smarten up. Now he was Head Boy? It just didn't make sense.
"Everyone adores you? Well let me say this for the record Potter, I adore you about as much as I adore the Black sisters, and you know how I feel about them, so not everyone does. Merlin only knows what those drooling fan girls you have following you see in you. When I look at you, I see nothing but a spoiled, arrogant boy who stops at nothing to show off." She shot him a look of loathing. Why did the year have to start out like this. She just couldn't believe this was happening.

"Oh, come on Evans! I offer you a seat like a gentlemen and you refuse it." "You a gentlemen? Since when?" She asked him. Then she saw him get up and slide onto the seat next to her. She just sat there looking at him for a moment. What the hell did he think he was doing? Could he not get it through that thick head of his that she was not even slightly interested in him? "First of all I would advise you to one, get back into your seat across the way and two, if you do not get that filthy arm away from me, you will first hand get to experience my quite accurate precision when it comes to using a wand. This is your first and only warning Potter." Her voice was elevated and she looked at him with pure loathing, her deep green eyes penetrating his gaze.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

PostSubject: Re: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:05 pm

He completely ignored the first half of what Evans said. He was more busy with the fact she was now threatening him. "Oh ho. Kitty has claws!" He stood up with a grin, folding his arms behind his head and looking down at her. "I woul just hate to upset you Evans. I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of one of your hexes." He sat back in his own seat, eyeing her with that same grin. Just the reaction he had wanted. "So Evans, how was your summer?"

That was just like him. Tick her off and then try to have a civil conversation with her. James really did want Lily to like him, he just didn't know what to do to make that happen. James Potter changed for no one. But...still....He would have to if he ever expected Lily to go out with him.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

PostSubject: Re: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:56 pm

She continued her glare at him, waiting for him to get up and move back into his own seat again. "Yes I have claws Potter, but more importantly, I have a wand." She looked at him and watched as he got up and stood there, his arms folded behind his head and that smirk on his lips. "I would just hate to upset you Evans. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of your hexes." She then smirked back at him. Alright, he was a bit smarten than she gave him credit for. She then watched him go back into the seat he was in before and she relaxed a bit in her chair. "I do believe you do not want to experience my spellwork Potter. If you can behave yourself, then you have nothing to worry about." She managed a small smile and listened to him. This was going to be a long ride back to Hogwarts if the two of them couldn't find some kind of common ground to talk about.

"My summer? It was okay I guess. I fought with my sister a lot though, and when we weren’t fighting she was ignoring me." Lily sighed and then continued. "We used to get along so well, that is until I got my letter that said I was accepted into Hogwarts." She looked over at him. She had never shared any of this with him before. She was sure he had a great summer. Most likely hanging around Sirius, Peter and Remus having fun.

"Honestly, I would rather be here, at Hogwarts than anywhere else. At least I feel like I belong here." She sat back in her chair a bit and watched James for a moment. She certainly found him quite good looking, more so now than in their previous years at Hogwarts. She just couldn't get passed that attitude of his though. Always so full of himself, always causing some kind of mischief. "So, how was your Summer Potter?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::   (Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts::: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Private) James and Lily :::the Journey to Hogwarts:::
Page 1 of 1