Marauders Prophecy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Prophecy

A Harry Potter Marauders era RP

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The library

Go down 
+5
Kit Kat
Prongs
gabbagail
drkangelcat
Fire Vixen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-24

The library Empty
PostSubject: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Charaters: All
Open thread

Lily Evans walked along the fourth floor corridor and turned the corner to head into the library. She walked slowly into the room, her deep green eyes scanning her surroundings. This was one of her favorite places to be. She looked at the book lined walls and a smile spread across her red lips. She was always in here when not attending classes and she thought she must have read at least half of the books in here in her last six years at the school. Any book interested her really. She would read up on any subject. Anything at all that would teach her either something she didn't already know, or anything that would teach her something more about a subject that she already knew about it.

She looked around at the tables set in the back of the room and she noticed that not too many people were here, at least not right now. It was still pretty early in the morning. This is when Lily liked the library the most, when it was at it's quietness. She nodded politely to Madam Pince and said hello to her. She then walked over to a table in the back corner of the library. She removed her robes, revealing a pair of blue jeans and a pink short-sleeve shirt. She draped her robe neatly over her chair and then placed her bag onto the table.

Lily walked over to a row of books that were near her table and selected one on the properties of magical water plants. She walked back over to the table, sat down in the chair and opened her book up to the first page and began reading, her fingers twirling strands of her long red hair as she read.
Back to top Go down
http://prophecy.heavenforum.com
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-04-25

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 8:22 pm

Andromeda black made her way to the library on the fourth floor. It was early in the morning, so Meda knew not many people would be there at this time of day. Meda loved the library. Not many Slytherins went there, giving Meda a break from them. She loved reading, so this was a great place to go. Meda usually spent her spare time flipping through pages of books. At home, at the Black Manor, she even had her own secret library spelled behind her closet.

Meda quieted her steps as she entered the almost completely silent library. She flashed a smile at Madam Pince and walked over to a row of books towards the back of the library. She noticed a Gryffindor girl, Lily Evans, sitting reading a book nearby. The two had never talked before, but Lily seemed a kind and sweet-hearted girl, like most Gryffindors were, which is probley why they never talked before. Meda’s sisters would never approve of a discussion with a Gryffindor.

Last edited by on Wed May 02, 2007 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Lily looked up form her book when she heard someone walking close to her table. It was Andromeda Black. Lily studied the girl for a few moments. She had never talked to her and she was a Black but she definitely did not have the reputation that Bellatrix and Narcissa had. Was it possible that maybe she wasn't as bad as them? After all Sirius was a Black and he did irritate Lily to no end, but he was not even close to being evil. She smiled warmly at the girl. She figured she should at least say hello to her. If she was like her sisters she would either not speak to her, or she would come back with some nasty remark about her blood status.

"Good morning, how are you today? Andromeda isn't it?" Her voice was pleasant towards the girl. She continued her smile and watched the girl, waiting to see if she was going to respond to her.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

Number of posts : 63

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 9:24 pm

Karen slipped into the library unseen. Its not like it was after hours, when she usually sneaks out and goes to the black lake to write in her journal. When she walked in she saw that Lily was talking with Andromeda Black. Not her usual social friend, but Andromeda was a nice person.

She walked toward Andromeda and Lily, slipping off her robes revealing jeans and a blue tank, she sat down at Lily's table. "Hey! How are yall this moreing? She asked.

Karen looked around the library scanning the books, looking to see if there was anything interesting to read. She would ask Lily, but she would probably suggest every book, which Karen didn't mind. She could get a good bit of reading here and now.

"Hey, Lily? KNow of any good reading around here?"
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Meda was scanning the titles on the shelves when she heard a voice by her. She looked and saw that it was the Lily Evans girls. Meda awkwardly smiled back. She wasn’t used to people talking to her except for her sisters and a few Slytherins. “Yeah, name’s Andromeda. Lily, right?” She asked. “I am alright and you?”

Meda noticed another girl show up. Karen Rosmerta if she could remember correctly. She smiled at her too. “Hello there. My morning is fine, yours?”
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 9:48 pm

Lily looked up and saw that Karen had now entered the library and sat down at her table. "Morning Karen." She said to her friend in a polite tone. She had always liked Karen. The two of them had been good friends since Lily's first year at Hogwarts. They had met on the train ride to the magical school. Her and Karen both shared a common interest. They both loved to read.

"Know any good books?" Lily laughed. "Karen, this is me your are talking to, I think all the books are great. Let me think. For you I recommend unicorns of the forest. You can find it in row seven of section three. It's fascinating." She smiled at her. She knew where almost every book in the library was because she had frequented there so often. Lily got up and retrieved the book for Karen. She then walked back to the table and handed it to her and sat back down. "So, have any idea on what you are doing after we graduate?"

Lily smiled at Andromeda. "Yes, I am Lily Evans, seventh year Gryffindor." She seemed polite enough which was quite shocking for Lily. After all Andromeda was a Black sister. "Why don't you come over and sit with us Andromeda. We can all sit and talk, get to know each other better."
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 9:59 pm

"Know any good books?" Lily laughed. "Karen, this is me your are talking to, I think all the books are great. Let me think. For you I recommend unicorns of the forest. You can find it in row seven of section three. It's fascinating."

When Lily go back to the table with the book. Karen flipped through the pages, and then went back to the first page and read. "Thanks Lily! I love unicorns!" She smiled.

Smiling at Andromeda, "Thanks, Mine's pretty good, couldn't beileve that I woke up this early."
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:08 pm

Andromeda nodded and sat down at the table with the two girls. Normally she wouldn’t dare to sit with them, but there were no Slytherins in site, so she didn’t much care. And anyways she needed to start talking to people more. She was too quiet for own taste, always hiding in the shadows of her sisters.

Meda sat there smiling and twiddling her thumbs awkwardly. “So…how school so far for the two of you?”
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

Number of posts : 54

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:50 pm

Suprisingly James could be found crouched down behind one of the shelves in the library, browsing through books on Quidditch. He was looking for some new strategies, some new plays and the like. The Gryffindor team was going to be brilliant this year, if he had anything to say about it. But then a certain female voice pricked his ears.

Karen, this is me your are talking to, I think all the books are great. Let me think. For you I recommend unicorns of the forest. You can find it in row seven of section three. It's fascinating."

Evans! He popped up from the shelf, a stack of books in his arms and he leaned around, seeing Lily's back and the faces of Karen and Andromeda. Hm. Not a bad view if he did say so himself. He chuckled but then quickly pulled his mind out of the darkness is was wandering into. Get it together, Potter. He stood up with his books and walked up behind Lily, leaning in close ofer her shoulder.

"At it again, Evans?" He chuckled, looking at Andromeda and Karen ofer her shoulder. "Good to see you, ladies."
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Lily smiled at Karen. "I thought you would like that book. I love unicorns. They are so magnificent. You will learn quite a bit more about them in that book than we have in care of magical creatures class. Lily then looked up at Andromeda and watched as she sat at their table.

She turned towards Andromeda. "Well school is going alright so far but I think they are going to start piling the homework on pretty soon. NEWT exams will be at the end of the year and from what I saw of the seventh years last year, we are going to have a ton of work to do."

Lily then turned around in her chair slowly when she heard a familiar voice behind her. There stood James Potter with a stack of books in his arms. She attempted a half smile at him trying to look as polite as she could. "Yes James at it again. We were just getting ready to start the charms homework assignment." She smiled a little more at him and then spoke in a slightly sarcastic tone. "I have to admit I am quite surprised to see you in here, especially holding books." She looked at him for a moment and decided to ask him to sit with them. She didn't want to appear rude in front of her friends. "We were just getting ready to start the charms homework. You can sit with us and work on it together, if you promise to behave and keep your comments to yourself." She shot him a warning look and held it for several seconds before turning back to Karen and Andromeda.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:09 pm

Karen, who saw James fly up to Lily's shoulder. Shot a warning look to Lily. She always seemed so annoyed with him. Who, she could agree with. James leaned on the 'annoying' side. She figured that Lily would be interested (sooner or later.) And maybe she could see the light him....if there was one.

"Good to see you, ladies."

"Oh...so nice of you to join us James. As Lily said we were going to start the Charms assignment. Care to join us?" Lily also invited him, so Karen didn't mind asking with her.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:15 pm

"Me? Misbehave? What are you thinking, Evans?" He grinned, setting his books aside and fishing in his bag for his charms book. "I ought to get that done, Remus has been bothering me about it all day." He pulled out the chair next to Lily and sat down, pulling out parchment and a quill and opening his book. Behave yourself. He told himself as he wrote his name at the top of his parchment. J-a-m-e-s P-o-t-t-e-r. There. He smiled to himself, checking the page Lily was on and turning his own to it. "Advanced summoning charms, eh?" He nodded, skimming his way down the page. "How long is it suppose to be again?" He was trying to sound genuinely interested as he started making notes in the margin on his book.
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Andromeda nodded in understandment as Lily spoke. Seventh year was supposed to be difficult. Meda was only in sixth year, but she knew she would get hit with some of the seventh year tough homework due to her being in some seventh year classes. Meda wasn’t looking forward to the piles and piles of assignments they would get. This would be a tiresome year, but at least it would prepare her for the next year.

Before Meda could respond to Lily’s statement, a boy Meda recognized as James Potter showed up. He was a Gryffindor boy in seventh year. Another person she had never talked to before. She smiled politely and said hello.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:42 am

Karen looked at Andromeda, "Actually, schools alright, not my usual way of starting the year." She laughed, "I usually leave ALL my homework, and thne work on it last minute."

Karen took her Charms book out of her bag, and out the unicorn one in it. Turning to Advanced summoning charms, She sat there in silence, reading the page. "How long is it suppose to be again?" She heard James say. Tying to remember what Flitwick said, which she couldn't. turning to Lily, "Yeah...how long is it supposed to be. Forgot to write it down." she smiled.

Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 12:27 pm

"Me? Misbehave? What are you thinking, Evans?" Lily looked up at James and shot him a warning look. "Look, as long as you just focus on the assignment it will be fine, and yes, your reputation I am afraid involves certain antics you have pulled, especially in here. You are lucky that Madam Pince even let's you and Black in here after that last incident." She tried hard to repress a laugh but it was no use. What he and Sirius had done was definitely against the rules, but she had to admit it was a bit brilliant. Today though he seemed generally interested in getting the assignment done. She hoped he would continue that determination. When he was like this Lily almost enjoyed the time they spent together.

Lily looked at the others at the table. "We need a fourteen inch parchment on the difference between advanced summoning charms and your ordinary ones. Which would be considered advanced and why. It's an easy assignment really." She smiled and unrolled her scroll of parchment and wrote her name and house at the top. She glanced over towards James' paper and noticed he had put his name on it. "Nice Start Potter." She held her smile for a few seconds and then turned towards Andromeda. "I am glad we are getting to know you better. You are nothing like your sisters at all." Lily looked at her and bit her lip a bit. She hoped that the thing she said to her didn't offend her, but she was nothing like them at all. Lily was quite happy about that.

She then turned towards Karen. "You know, maybe we should practice summoning a bit while we are working on the paper. This was we can get a better idea on what we are writing about if we see it first hand. I am sure Madam Pince wont mind, as long as we don't try to summon her, or a whole book shelf." She shot her glance over to James in an almost even try that and I shall make you pay with your life look.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 12:39 pm

"We need a fourteen inch parchment on the difference between advanced summoning charms and your ordinary ones. Which would be considered advanced and why. It's an easy assignment really."

Karen also got out a 14" parchment. Wrote her name and house on top. "Easy?" She looked at Lily and smiled. "Not all of us are good at charms like you!" Karen skimmed through the chapter.

Then She looked at Andromeda, "Yeah, Lily's right. You NOTHING like you sisters, your actually nice!" Karen gave her a warm smile.

She glanced over towards James' paper and noticed he had put his name on it. "Nice Start Potter."

Karen looked at James' paper also and when Lily made that comment she tried to hold in her laugh...but that never works either. She giggled, 'trying' to be quiet.
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 10:04 pm

"Actually, schools alright, not my usual way of starting the year. I usually leave ALL my homework, and then work on it last minute." Meda chuckled as Karen spoke. Meda sometimes did homework last minute, but she usually liked to get it done and out of the way.

"I am glad we are getting to know you better. You are nothing like your sisters at all." She heard Lily speak and Meda turned her attention towards her. Lily was right. Meda was nothing like her sisters. "Yeah, Lily's right. You NOTHING like you sisters, your actually nice!" spoke Karen. Meda chuckled at Karen’s comment.

“I am glad to get to know you guys too and yeah I know I am not like my sisters, or most of the family for that matter.” Meda spoke with a smile. It was nice talking to them. She didn’t have to hind behind a mask or be careful of her words. She could be herself.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:16 pm

"Oh, come now Evans! You know that what we did was a scream!" He thought back to the incident, snapping books everywhere...then there was the chocolate (Remus' idea of course) and the picture of Filch, but he wouldn't get into that right now. "I'll behave myself, promise." He said with a smille mischievous grin.

"Fourteen inches, eh?" He nodded, measuring down his parchmet. He could do that. "Really d'you think so?" He said in an entirely over exicted tone. "I thought it was a bit sloppy myself." He grinned. He enjoyed being a pain as long as Lily didn't get too made at him. At the top of the page he made a table, one side Adavnced the other side Ordinary and started listing charms accordingly without even glancing at his book. "Yeah, Andromeda, Sirius talks about you a lot. Says you and Reg, well...Reg was...the only decent ones who didn't hate him, but I guess Reg changed his mind."

"I won't go summoning anything I ought not to be...maybe." He grinned, fishing his wand out of his pocket.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:57 pm

Lily sat there with the three. She was rather enjoying the conversation. Andromeda confirmed that she was not like her sisters. Lily was happy to hear this. Bellatrix and Narcissa were nothing sort of evil, and the ones they hung around with. "It must be difficult to be in a family where you are different than everyone else. I myself have that same problem." Lily mind went to the image of her sister Petunia and how the two of them were not even on speaking terms anymore.

Her mind was brought back to the present when she heard James begin his reminiscing about the library stunt they had pulled last year. "You? Behave? Well Potter, this is something I definitely have to witness for myself." She gave him a quick smile and then watched as he made the tables on his paper. "Very good." She said to him in a pleasant tone and she began doing the same.

She looked over at Karen. "Well, yes charms comes easy to me. Don't worry, I will be more than happy to help all of you with this." She smiled at them and then began working on her parchment once more. Listing the differences between the advanced and simple summoning charms.

She saw James slide his wand out of his robes out of the corner of her eye. "Alright, why don't we start simple, use the unicorn book Karen has there, across the table." She pointed to the book. "Accio it over to you. Once we all get that down, we can start summoning bigger things." She shot a look over at James. "Just don't go attempting to accio Madam Pince, the last thing we need is her on our bad side." She laughed at him and then focused her attention towards Karen's book.
Back to top Go down
Kit Kat

Kit Kat

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-29

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:10 pm

Emmeline walked into the the library. She sat down at a table near the window, and layed her head down. She was definitly not a morning person, but she had to find a way to wake up so she could study for her charms assignment.
Scanning the room for a familiar face, she saw Lily Evans, James Potter, (who was starring at Lilly) Karen Rosmerta, and a few others. She waved to Karen, who waved back.
Emma opened her Charms book and flipped through the pages. She was quite good at Summining Charms but could always use a little practice.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Taking out her wand....and hoping that James didn't try to Accio her instead of the book. She kinda scooted back a little bit. While doing that she saw the door open and saw no other than Emmeline Vance!! What a wondeful excuse to leave the table. "Be right back" she said to the group. And she Ran toward the table Emmeline sat.

Karen pounced on her friend. "Emmeline, time to wake up!!!!" she said in a whisper. "Oh....I see. You're doing Charms work too huh? Well I say you come over to our table, then you can get help from Miss Lily Evans!"

Karen grabbed Emmelines arm and drug her to their table. "Hey everyone, I'm back. I would Like yall to meet a good friend of mine, Emmeline Vance. Hope you guys don't mind me inviting her. She's doing the Charms assignmet as well." Karen smiled.
Back to top Go down
Loony Lupin

Loony Lupin

Number of posts : 17

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:42 pm

He entered the library with a stack of books in his arms. A bit of reading he had checked out to do in the first few days back and he was done with them now. "Oy!" He nearly lost his balance over a first year skidding by and he set the books down on the desk with a huff and a thud. He whiped the sweat from his brow and adjusted his bag.

"I won't go summoning anything I ought not to be...maybe."

That couldn't be! He turned around only to see James sitting at a table with Lily, Karen, Andromeda, and now Emmeline. James? In the library? He must have been looking for Quidditch books and got caught up with Lily he thought as he removed his wand from his pocket. Remus was rather good at summoning charms.

"Accio James Potter's glasses." He muttered, holding his hand out to catch said spectacles. He chuckled and walked over to the table, looking down at James from the other side of the table. "Could this be? James in the library doing homework. I'm impressed." He leaned over to Lily with a smile and whispered. "In all our years I've never gotten him in here willingly, how do you do it?" He chuckld a bit, holding James' glasses out to him.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 12:40 am

Lily watched Karen as she left the table and went over to go greet Emmeline Vance who had just entered the library. She then saw Remus enter while her head was turned in Emmeline’s direction and she had to suppress a laugh as he nearly took out a first year in his path. They did have a knack for getting in the way at times, but she was Head Girl and she scanned the smaller student over well with her eyes, making sure he was alright. She saw him leave the library unscathed and then focused her attentions back to her paper she was working on.

That was until out of the corner of her eye she spotted James' glasses fly away from his face. She snapped her head around quickly and saw that Remus had his wand out, a sly smile on his face. As he approached she rolled her eyes at him. Couldn't they go one day without this needless horsing around? Apparently not.

She heard Him tease James about him being in the library and she did have to somewhat agree. In all her hours spent here in her seven years at the magical school she could count the times she saw James her on one hand, literally. "In all our years I've never gotten him in here willingly, how do you do it?" She heard Remus whisper to her as he leaned in close, a smile now forming on the corners of her lips. "Honestly, I don't know. I just mentioned that I was going to be here earlier, and he just showed up maybe half an hour ago." She did herself wonder why James was there but she didn't ask him.

"Remus, we are working on the advanced summoning charms assignment, all of us together, care to join us?"
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 12:53 am

"Hey!" He shouted unintentionally, suddenly unable to see anything. He dropped his quill and stared blearily around until he heard the voice of one Remus Lupin. "Very funny, Moons." He laughed a bit at his comment, shaking his head. "Gimmiemyglassesback!" There wasn't even a single space betwee the words as he reached out blindly, finally feeling his wolfy friend's hand and snatching his glasses back. "Yes, can't you see I'm doing homework?" He chuckled, prodding at his paper withhis wand as he slipped his glasses back on. "You're distracting me Moons, what the role model you are."

He flipped his wand over in his hand and flicked it at Karen...'s book. "Accio unicorn book!" And it flew accordingly into his hand and he flipped it open, scribbling something on a piece of parchment and settnig it insdie the cover, flicking it back over to Karen.
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:41 am

Andromeda nodded as Lily spoke. It was hard, harder than words could describe. If she ever let her family know of what she thought of the blood status she would surely be disowned. When Lily said she had the same problem, Meda asked, “You do?”

She turned to James as began to speak to her. Meda let out a sigh and nodded. Reg did change his mind. Gone to the dark side just like everyone else in the family, leaving poor Sirius an outcast. Meda, unlike everyone else in the family, didn’t see anything wrong with him. Her and her cousin both feel the same about blood status, it doesn’t matter, but Sirius was more courageous and was more open with his beliefs causing him to get disowned.

As she sat two students entered the library, Emmeline Vance and Remus Lupin. Karen seemed happy at Emmeline’s arrival for she left the table and ran over to her. Remus walked over to the table James, Lily, and herself were sitting at. Meda chuckled when he acciod James’s glasses. She smiled at Remus. “Hello.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The library
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marauders Prophecy :: Fourth Floor :: Library-
Jump to: