Marauders Prophecy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Prophecy

A Harry Potter Marauders era RP

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Greal Hall

Go down 
+6
Loony Lupin
blood_traitor
drkangelcat
Prongs
gabbagail
Fire Vixen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-24

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Date: September 1975
Setting: The Great Hall
Characters: All

Lily Evans made her way into the Great Hall. She smiled as she saw all the students gathered at their house tables. The Professors were all sitting up at the head table, sitting and talking to the other Professors. Everyone seemed to be in quite a happy mood, or at least it looked that way by the smiles on their faces. All except for a few very terrified looking first years whom she had passed in the hall earlier. She remembered the first time she set foot in the school. It was a memory she would never forget. Raised by muggles Lily had never experienced anything even remotely related to magic. Her first trip here was the most exciting day of her life.

She slowly made her way to the Gryffindor table, nodding to a few fellow members of the other houses as she passed them. She walked past the Slytherin table without a second glance, there were many over there that she refused to associate with. The only ones she had ever had a time with belonged to that particular house.

She sat down on the bench that sat about mid way in front of the table. Carefully grabbing a goblet filled with some kind of fruit juice. She relaxed in her chair, looking around the room watching the many people around her. There were not too many Gryffindors at the table yet, so she decided to pull out a book to read for the time being until the festivities got started. She always loved to watch the sorting, seeing the new members get sorted into their houses.

She took her new potions book out of her bag and laid it on the table in front of her. Potions was one of her strongest subjects, but it didn't come to her without plenty of studying. Lily took her schoolwork quite seriously. She opened the book to the first chapter and began reading as she twirled her red hair in her fingers.
Back to top Go down
http://prophecy.heavenforum.com
gabbagail

gabbagail

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-04-25

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:07 am

Karen found herself walking to the Great Hall. As she walked in she heard that familar buzzing noise from all the students talking. She past the Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw tables. Acknowledging her friends with a nod. But as she past the Slytherin table almost all of them sneered at her. Stupid Slytherins....buncha fools I'll say. She sneered right back.

Karen plopped down at the Gryffindor table and helped herself with a glass of pumpkin juice. Looking around...trying to be sophistcated, which never works, she dropped her glass. "smooth move Karen." Talking to herself. She cleaned it up with a flick of a wand and got herself more pumpkin juice.

Surely someone noticed that. she thought, but no one turned to look at her. hmmm She grabbed a bagel, holding it to her mouth she sighed. Nothing interesting happens around anymore. She took a bite out of her bagel.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

Number of posts : 54

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 2:17 pm

The hall was full of chatter as he sauntered in, splattered in mud. He loved Quidditch try outs. Fits of giggling and gasps from girls entered the mix of sounds as he walked between the tables, on his way to the Gryffindor Table. James Potter was basking in the attention. He winked at one Hufflepuff girl as he walked by and she sighed, leaning over onto her friend's shoulder. He and Sirius certainly had their "fans." But there was one girl that adored neither of them in the slightest. Miss Lily Evans. His eyes fell on her flaming red hair as he came down the table, her face hidden in her potion's book. He grinned. What a perfect opportunity. But before he got to Evans, something, or someone else caught his eye. Karen Rosmerta. You would think that he would keep his eyes off the other pretty girls if he was ever going to woo Evans, but he was just thick like that. "Careful there, darlin'." He whipped his wand from his pocket, flicking it at the spilled pumpkin juice with a wink as he continued walking.

"Always with your pretty little face hidden in a book, aren't you Evans?" He slid into the seat next to her, quirking a brow to her. He was James Potter. Sly, charming, and irresistable. One of these days' she would give in to him. He slid a goblet of pumpkin juice over and a plate of scrambled eggs, filling his plate. "You're never going to get a boyfriend if you spend all your time with books, you know." He grinned. When his mates wern't around he had the opportunity to show Lily another side of him, but did he do that? No. He figured that if anyone saw him acting more than civil with Evans then they'd get the wrong idea (or was it the right idea?) about him.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Lily sat there flipping through the pages of her potions book, her focus on the words of the pages. She looked up momentarily as she saw Karen settle herself at the table. She smiled at her. "Good morning Karen, have a good summer?" She looked at her for a few moments and then went back to her potions book. She was just beginning the chapter on the draught of peace when she saw Karen spill her juice out of the corner of her eye. She set her book down for a moment and was going to help her, that is until she saw James Potter enter the room and begin to walk towards the table. She picked her book back up and continued reading. She didn't want to have to talk to him, his chauvinistic and arrogant ways annoyed her to no end. Maybe, just possibly, he would see she was busy and she could avoid conversation with him.

She continued reading the chapter but her eyes kept wandering to see exactly where James was. 'Why do you even care?' She thought to herself. She shook her head and continued reading and then he approached her. She continued staring at the page as he spoke to her though she wasn't reading. "Always with your pretty little face hidden in a book, aren't you Evans?" She looked up at him, a warning look in her deep green eyes. "Well Potter, some of us actually care about learning while we are here. Reading actually helps us do this. Not all of us are here to flirt with others and cause trouble." She put her focus back on the page of the book, though now she was having a hard time focusing on the text with him right next to her.

"You're never going to get a boyfriend if you spend all your time with books, you know." Lily looked up at him, a glare in her eyes. "Honestly Potter, I have no interest in getting a boyfriend. Not now and certainly not you. I have much more important things to focus on, like my education for one, something I think you should focus your attentions on. That is if you are capable of that." She then closed her book and set it in front of her on the table. She couldn't believe the nerve of this guy. Him and his friends were always goofing off, it had always irritated her, but nothing like the way that James Potter did. She grabbed her goblet of pumpkin juice and took a swig out of it before she focused her attentions back on James. "Why don't you run along and find those friends of yours you are always with. I am sure they would be more interested in talking to you than I am."

Last edited by on Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat

drkangelcat

Number of posts : 30

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 3:37 pm

Andromeda made her way to the Great Hall alone. Her sisters were sleeping in a bit more, so that gave Meda some time alone. Not that she didn’t like her sisters, they were just so different compared to Meda. They, like most members of the Black family, didn’t like non-purebloods or ‘blood traitors’. Meda did not see what was so important about blood status or things like that. To her everyone was just as equal. Yes, some were more talented at magic, but talent was not determined on blood status. It was determined by your devotion and knowledge of magic. That was one thing her family and most Slytherins never understood.

As she made her way through into the Great Hall, Meda put on her mask. No she didn’t put on an actual mask. She put on an act of sorts. No one knew of her thoughts and opinions on blood status or other things like that. She kept it secret for she didn’t want to get herself in trouble. She, like most of her family, was in Slytherin and it wouldn’t be wise for her to go against the beliefs of her house mates, at least not let them no she was against them.

She sat down in an empty seat, away from most of the other students. She didn’t want to talk to any of them. They were cruel and cold-hearted, not like Meda at all. The difference between them and her often made Meda wonder how she ended up in Slytherin at all. She was nothing like them, except for the fact she was pureblood, but that seemed hardly a reason for her to be in Slytherin. After all, there were purebloods in the other houses too. Maybe Meda was just fated for a life of misery.

Last edited by on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 3:39 pm

"Oh, I care about my education. I must." He leaned over with a sly grin. "I am Head Boy afterall." He grinned flicking a bit of mud from his glasses away as he dug his fork into his scrambled eggs, taking a bite. "Besides, Evans, you know you're going to love working with me." He winked, chewing on his egg. He enjoyed this far too much. "My mates?" He laughed. As if he could find any of them today. "Rem's pent up in the library, Peter's off somewhere buried in a comic book, and I can only assume that Sirius has already landed himself in detenton. I'm flying solo today." He set his fork down and took a drink of his juice. "Maybe I'll just have to tag along with you today, Evans."
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 4:16 pm

She sat there looking at James, the same annoyed look on her features. "Oh, I care about my education. I must." He leaned over with a sly grin. "I am Head Boy after all." Lily sighed. "Yes we have established this, though I still think that you got that badge by mistake." She listened to him further, and with everything uttered from his lips she got more and more irritated. "Love working with you? Trust me Potter, I see this as a chore more than anything. You may be Head Boy, but that doesn't give you the honor of working along side of me. That is something that has to be earned we will say. I won't tolerate people acting out and doing the things that you seem to think are impressive. It will take a lot more than that ridiculous charm of yours to get me to even like you, let alone let you work with me." She smirked at him and then grabbed a piece of toast off of a plate in front of her and began to take small bites off of it. She leaned back in her chair and hoped that the conversation with her and James was over now, but she could not get that lucky. Where were her friends when she needed a distraction.

She then listened to him as he told her where his friends were, the ones he was usually never without, especially Sirius Black. "Well it seems Remus has the right idea anyway. I have to be getting up to the library shortly myself. You know what that is right? The place with all the books?" She laughed at herself. She just couldn't resist coming back with a comment about him, though she was sure he wouldn't be bothered by it in the least. He was just too cocky to let anything like that get to him. "I am sure Black probably has detention by now. He seems to be quite a professional at achieving this."

She ate more of her toast, her green eyes scanning around the hall for any signs of anyone who could come along and sit with her at the table. Get her into a much more intelligent conversation, but no luck. The only one she saw enter was Andromeda Black, someone she had not really spoken to, but if she was anything like Narcissa or Bellatrix, she was certain she wanted nothing to do with her. That whole family was nothing but pure evil and it was quite obvious who they followed. Sirius, at least seemed to be on the same side she was. He hated his cousins, that was quite obvious, but still the way he was, the way he acted was quite ridiculous in her eyes. He and James never seemed to take anything serious. The only thing that Lily had seen James ever take seriously was quidditch. He was quite excellent at it, but that was something she would never tell him. She didn't need to give him any inkling that she thought he was good at anything, then she's never be able to get rid of him.

As she sat there nibbling on her toast she listened to him further and almost choked with his last comment to her. "Maybe I'll just have to tag along with you today, Evans." She had to laugh at this comment. "You, tag along with me? I highly doubt that you would find anything that I do the slightest bit interesting. My plans for the day include spending time in the library." She knew he would never want to spend time there, so she would be safe from him following her.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 9:08 pm

Karen watched as James Potter came by. Helping her clean up her spilled pumpkin juice, and calling her 'darlin'. He was such a stud, but so cocky.

Karen looked at Lily who said "Good morning Karen, have a good summer?"

"Oh! It was wonderful. Though I didn't do much, but it was nice to stay home for awhile."

LilY seemed so annoyed when James talked to her. He seemed really into her, she didn't return his feelings. I wouldn't mind, if he was into me She said thinking to herself. She went back to eat. Hoping that things with Lily and James will work out.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:36 pm

James frowned, dropping his fork down onto his plate with a clatter. Alright, he was trying to be nice to her, the last she could do would be to quit insulting him. "Honestly, Evans will you ever lighten up?" He sighed, pulling his glasses from his nose and wiping them on his Quidditch robes with irritation. What did he have to do? Achieve sainthood before Miss Lily Evans would even look at him with something other than pure hatred? "And yes Evans, I'm quite aware what the library is!" He stood straight up, looking at her over his glasses. "If you'll excuse me."

He'd try again later, right now he was in much too good of a mood to let Lily ruin it entirely. He turned and walked down the table a ways, sliding over next to Karen with a grin. "Morning, Karen. Have your juice problem under control now?" He winked, plucking an apple off of the table.
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:49 pm

Smiling, Karen look at James as he said, "Morning, Karen. Have your juice problem under control now?"

"Morning James, Yes, it is very undercontrol now. Just had a moment." She smiled a sly smile. "So...how was your summer?

Of all the things running through her mind. Only this stuck out....Why was James Potter talking to her, if he was so interested in Lily Evans?
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Just because he was interested in Evans didn't mean he couldn't flirt. He smirked, folding his arms on the table in front of him. "I'm glad to see you're doing well, better without that pumpkin juice evrywhere." He leaned on his elbow, looking over at her with that same smirk. "My summer? Oh excellent. Very exciting. Mischief and mayhem as usual you know." He winked. He wouldn't dare go into certain details on his summer, oh no. "Did you have a good summer?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:39 pm

Lily watched as James tossed his fork down on his plate. He was looking quite angered at the moment. "Honestly, Evans will you ever lighten up?" She looked up at him. Maybe she had been a bit too harsh. There was just something about James Potter that got to her. His arrogance, his daring behavior. So why at this moment did she feel slightly bad for the comments she threw at him? "And yes Evans, I'm quite aware what the library is!" She saw him stand up and before she had a chance to say another thing he walked further down the table and went to sit with Karen.

She sat there for a moment and looked at the two together. They were smiling at each other. She shook her head and then grabbed her book from the table and began to read again. She figured she would again join the quiet before the rest of the Gryffindors arrive. She sat there reading but couldn't help glancing over towards James and Karen. 'What are you doing?' She asked herself. Why would she care in the slightest what either of them was doing. She shook her head again and continued reading from her potions book though she was finding it a bit hard to concentrate on the words.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:45 pm

He smiled and took off his glasses, pulling his Quidditch robes over his head as Karen told him about her summer. "You know how being around Sirius is." He said with a chuckle, smothing out his black t-shirt and jeans that he was wearing underneath. He tossed the scarlet robes over his shoulder, looking a bit blearily down the table at Lily. She seemed bothered, she kept looking up form her book...at him. No, surely she wasn't looking at him. It certainly looked that way though. He slipped his glasses back onto his nose and nodded as Karen tlaked on about her summer. He coulnd't help but think about Lily though. He just didn't know how to act around her. All the other girls just followed him blindly, hung on his every word. But he didn't want someone drooling at his feet....
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 12:26 am

Lily continued reading her book still glancing at James every once in a while though she still didn't know why she was doing this. The more she tried to read the chapter the more she found it hard to concentrate. She then looked over towards the two again and this time she saw James looking at her. She quickly turned her head away. "What are you doing?" She asked herself. She sat there for a few more moments and then heaved a sigh. She closed her book and tucked it neatly back inside of her bag.

Standing up from her chair Lily walked over to where James and Karen were sitting. She took a seat opposite them and smiled at Karen. "No point in us sitting so far apart now is there?" She then looked over at James and stared at him for a moment. What she was about to do was rather difficult and she still was not entirely sure she was doing the right thing. "Look Potter, I am sorry alright? I shouldn't have snapped you back there but can you at least try and not be so arrogant?" She looked at him, her green eyes locked into his for just a moment before she looked away.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 12:34 am

He scratched his head, running his hand through his hair was Lily walked over, sitting across from them. What was she doing? Oh well, he didn't care. He watched her curiously a moment and then...my wasn't this monumental. Did dhe just apologize to him? My she did. He smiled over at her and nodded a bit, moving his muddy robes to the stone floor. "Thanks for that, Evans." He leaned over on the table towards her, giving another smile. "I certainly can try. If it'll make you happy." Wait. Did he just say that out loud? To Evans? Infront of Karen. He gave a well executed clearing of his throat and picked up a random goblet, taking a drink out of it.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:06 am

Lily had to smile at him though she didn't keep it very long. She definitely didn't want to give him the wrong impression. She still felt the same way about him she always had. He was James Potter, the arrogant, rule braking troublemaker who had irritated her from day one at Hogwarts. Why on earth it bothered her so bad that she upset him a bit she would never know. She certainly never intended to give into any of his charming advances, never, so why did she suddenly feel this way. She shook her head and reached across the table and grabbed a bunch of grapes off of the plate in front of her and began picking them off of the vine and placing them in her mouth.

"Don't worry about it James, I was wrong back there." She sat there for a minute not believing what she just said. What the hell was wrong with her? "I certainly can try. If it'll make you happy." She stared at him with a surprised look on her face. Did she just hear him say what she thought she did? And he actually sounded sincere about it. She couldn't believe it. She watched him grab his goblet and began to drink out of it. Perhaps he was thinking the same things she was, that they were saying too much, but why was the question she had for herself.

"Well I can say that if you try it would make me happy, but don't do it on my account." She needed to lighten the mood and quick before she said too much more, she was definitely having an off day. "So, we going to win the house cup in quidditch again?" This was definitely a subject that would get James back to himself again, he loved quidditch and he was an excellent chaser.

Last edited by on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:14 am

You could see the light some to his eyes when she asked him about Quidditch and he set his goblet down with a grin. "Will we win this year?" He leaned in close, beckoing her forward with a wave of his hand. "Between you and me we've got some great players coming up this year and I'm going to work them harder than ever. I've got some pretty wicked plays in the making." He quirked a brow, finding it hard to wipe the grin from his lips. "We play Slytherin for the opening match and if all goes well we're going to slaughter them."

He was acutally having a civil conversation with Evans and he couldn't believe it. She had asked him about Quidditch and he was more than glad to share. He found that he wanted to. He wanted to tell her about things that interested him and, if she'd let him, things about him. There was a whole other layer of James Potter than only the Marauders had ever seen...he wanted her to see it too.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:34 am

She watched the way his eyes lit up as he started talking about quidditch. He was so intense and so passionate as he spoke about it. This was definitely a subject to get him on if she wanted to keep the conversation civilized. "Well that's certainly great to hear. Sounds like we are going to have a great team, not that we didn't have one before." She took a sip of juice from a goblet in front of her and realized it wasn't her glass, it was Jame's. "Sorry about that." She blushed and then reached for another goblet, one she knew didn't belong to anyone else.

"So, first match is against Slytherin huh? Well I certainly hope that your team can defeat them. I do have to admit that there are quite a few in that house I would like to unleash a beater's bat on." She laughed a bit at the comment she just made. Lily was not a violent person but some of the Slytherins she knew she loathed with a passion, and it was those same people that she knew were involved with the dark arts.

She couldn't believe the change in him. They had actually talked for a good five minutes without one harsh comment. "I myself can't even get flying down right, let alone play quidditch. I guess I was just never taught right." She smiled at him, feeling a little stupid for admitting this. She excelled in all of her classes and got top marks on everything, yet she couldn't fly on a broom to save her life.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:43 am

"I just had Seeker tryouts, I'm still trying to decide. Everyone who came out this year is very good." He was just getting into a very animated explination of one of his plays involving grapes, cherries, and some blueberries when she took a drink from his goblet. He stopped mid-pass of the Quaffle and he smiled, looking across the table at her. He wanted to say: "Well, we'll be exchanging saliva soon enough, might as well get use to it!" but he stopped himself. That definetly wouldn't keep Lily talking to him. "Not a problem." He said, his brow giving a twitch as she blushed. Hm...interesting.

He chuckled, popping one of said cherries in his mouth as Lily made the comment. "I'd like to see that, I can imagine you'd make a right brilliant Beater. You're a bit scary sometimes, you know." He had a smile on his face all the while, giving her a sort of look he never had before that even he couldn't explain.

"Flying's easy as cake." He quirked a brow as she made the confession and he couldn't help the grin that spread across his lips. Never taught right, eh? "I'll teach you. Nice and easy. We can start whenever you want."
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:10 am

She watched him with intrigue as he used grapes, cherries and blueberries to explain the plays to her and surprisingly, she understood what he was talking about. She blushed a bit more as he noticed that she had drank from his goblet and was a bit surprised that he didn't have some kind of a smart remark about it. She found it hard to believe but she was actually starting to enjoy a conversation with one James Potter, what was going on here?

Still focused on him, watching him as he smiled, listening to his every word she was a bit surprised of his offer for her. "I'll teach you. Nice and easy. We can start whenever you want." She smiled back at him. She had given up on ever learning how to fly, but James was a great flier, probably one of the best in the school. Watching him on the quidditch pitch, doing his aerial movements he was nothing short of fabulous, though that was another thing that she would never admit she thought about him, at least not now anyway.

"Seriously, you will teach me?" Her eyes lit up as she spoke to him, a grin on her red lips. "Whenever you want to start is fine, tomorrow? After classes?" She laughed a bit and tilted her head a bit and ran her finger up to her hair and gently brushed it away from her face. "Just so you know, it's going to take quite a bit of work to get me airborne."
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:21 am

He wa surprised that he was managing to hold his sharp tongue and what was more was that he was enjoying himself talking with Lily of all people. She was hanging on his every word, something he never thought he'd get to see in his life. He popped a couple of grapes into his mouth and grinned. "Lily, go long." He flipped a cherry into the air in her direction, hoping that she'd catch the hint and catch it in her mouth.

"Of course!" His eyes lit up with new found excitement. "Any time is good for me. Tomorrow's great. I'll get us all set up right after Charms." He smiled, her running her hand through her hair like that intrigued him for some reason. He blinked onve or twice then put on a goofy grin. "I think you'll do brilliant. I think you'll have it down in no time."
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:49 am

"Lily, go long." She looked at him for a moment as he said this with a bit of curiosity and then saw him ping the cherry at her and she opened her mouth quick and caught it. She chewed it quickly while she was laughing and choked a bit as she attempted to swallow. She was laughing harder now than she had in a long time, and never with James. She couldn't help but to hold a lingering smile at him. She was thoroughly enjoying herself and was still shocked that it was with James who she was enjoying herself with.

"Alright then, tomorrow it is, I look forward to it." She saw the grin on his face and she smiled a bit more at him. "I think you'll do brilliant. I think you'll have it down in no time." She laughed. "You have never seen me on a broom James, it's quite frightening to say the least, but thanks again for offering to help me. I really appreciate it."

She reached across the table and grabbed a blueberry. With a smile on her face she tossed it over to him. "Right back at ya Potter."

Last edited by on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gabbagail

gabbagail

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:30 am

"I'm glad to see you're doing well, better without that pumpkin juice evrywhere.""My summer? Oh excellent. Very exciting. Mischief and mayhem as usual you know." "Did you have a good summer?"
She smiled some more. "Oh yes, you and your mischief. of course I had a good summer, lazy days in the sun. very fun."

""You know how being around Sirius is." He said with a chuckle,

"Yeah, James and Sirius....the dream team."

She couldn't help but laugh. They sure were dreamy.....but sometimes she couldn't stand being near them.

But then soon enough Lily comes to their side of the table, No point in us sitting so far apart now is there?"

"No! Of course not, sit down, sit down. The more, the merrier." Karen smiled.

When Lily came, things got a little uneasy....and things said outloud weren't meant to be said.

He leaned over on the table towards her, giving another smile. "I certainly can try. If it'll make you happy." Wait. Did he just say that out loud? To Evans? Infront of Karen.

Karen choked on her pumpkin juice, then started to laugh the face James, just gave who didn't mean to say that outloud.

After a few more moments passed, James and Lily were having an actual conversation! Who knew...it could be over quidditch. Lily wanted to fly a broom. "James, if you want to teach her to fly? You have a lot of work to do." She laughed. "I've seen Lily on a broom before...it's not a pretty sight." She gave a warm smile to Lily.

Karen got up and sat next to Lily. She whispered in her ear saying, "You like Mr. James Potter don't you?" Trying to be quiet. Lily is one of her best friends, hopefully she can tell her a little detail like that. Karen waited her response.
Back to top Go down
Prongs
Admin
Prongs

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 pm

"That we are. The Dynamic Duo!" He grinned, looking over at Karen. He pushed his glasses up his nose and ruffled his hair a bit, looking back across the table at Lily. "I'll get the pitch all set up for you. I'll start you off on something simple, something slow like a Shooting Star, then we'll move up to my broom." He leaned back a bit and looked from Lily to Karen and back again. "No one can be as bad as Pete, trust me. And if you are, well I think it'll be worth the work." He gave another infamous Potter wink and leaned back forward onto the table.

"Right back at ya Potter." He saw the blue blob flying at him just in time to lean back a bit and tip his head back, catching it between his teeth. "Good aim there, Evans." He chewed the berry slowly, removing his wand from his pocket and prodding a grape to bounce on the table. "Don't be late tomorrow. I'm very impatient." He teased, bouncing the grape down the table.
Back to top Go down
Fire Vixen
Admin
Fire Vixen

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:15 pm

Lily looked over at Karen. She had been so focused on her conversation with James, she had been neglecting her a bit. "Me on a broom, yes, Karen saw me when they attempted to teach me in flying class. It was quite embarrassing." She smiled at her. She was definitely telling the truth but if James was willing to teach her, she was more than happy to learn.

"Yes Potter and Black, the infamous Hogwarts bandits." She laughed at this last comment. True the two of them had infuriated them to no end, but today, at this moment, she put all of that aside. She was getting along so well with James that she thought she might even be able to tolerate Sirius as well. It would be interesting to attempt anyway.

She leaned into Karen as she whispered to her and listened to every word she said. She looked at her, not exactly sure how to answer her. "Well..." She whispered as quietly as she could. "All I am going to say is right now, at this moment, I am willing to put up with him. Don't ask me why or how. It's just that something seems, well......different." Lily then sat back in her chair. She herself was still trying to figure this all out. On any other day she would have stormed out of the Great Hall, shouting loathing words towards James along the way. So why wasn't she now?

She looked over at James. "Something simple sounds good. I don't want to end up in the hospital wing on our first lesson." She smiled at him yet again. 'What is the matter with you?' She asked herself, but right now she didn't care, she was enjoying her time with Potter. "Well, I never saw Pettigrew attempt to fly, let's hope I am not as bad as he was. Who knows, maybe I just need the right teacher?" She did it again, was she....flirting with James Potter? No, definitely not.

She then watched as he caught the blueberry between his teeth. She saw him take out his wand and made the grape dance across the table. She laughed at him, and looked up at him. He just looked a bit different to her for some reason. That smile of his, she never really noticed how nice it was. She couldn't help but smile back at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Greal Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greal Hall   The Greal Hall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greal Hall
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marauders Prophecy :: Ground Floor :: The Great Hall-
Jump to: